Vacancy for a delivery driver & sales promotion person at Shillingford Organics
Shillingford Organics run a commercial organic fruit and vegetable business - Growing most of the produce they sell through a Veg box scheme, online shop, Exeter Farmer's Market local retail outlets.
A description of the job:
The delivery driver is a key member of the team. Seeking an organised, motivated and friendly person who can earn a good income by working effectively and giving great service to customers.
Starting at 5am they will be:
- delivering vegetable boxes/orders to households mainly in the Exeter area
- delivering bulk orders direct to shops, cafes and markets
As part of the job they will:
- sort and order the delivery rounds, using a simple to operate delivery database
- load and deliver vegetable boxes/orders
- unload and sort empty boxes and crates
- speak with customers to sort delivery matters either face to face or on a mobile phone
- check oil, water, tyre pressure and maintenance of the vehicle to be roadworthy
- keep the van clean inside and out
- drive carefully and responsibly
- understand the job is physically demanding
There is an incentive scheme based on number of deliveries made. Therefore, it is very much in the interest of the successful applicant that sales flourish.
The applicant must:
- be a competent and skilled driver, with a full clean driving licence
- be motivated and able to work efficiently
- be able to start work at 5am
- be engaging to promote Shillingford Organics and their produce to customers
- be organised and tidy
- have basic computer skills (training will be given for the delivery routing)
We are a small team. The successful candidate needs to be an excellent Team player, who works with integrity, responsibility and is considerate to others.
- have an understanding of running a small business and an interest in marketing and promotion.
- a desire to work closely as part of a Team who are passionate about organic growing, ecology, good food and a concern for wider global environmental issues.
Starting Working hours
28 hours a week.
5am to 12.30pm, including a half hour break, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
The hours could potentially increase as we take on more customers.
You will be paid partly per delivery as well as per hour. The basic wage will be £7.20/hr plus a considerable incentive scheme based on the number of customers delivered to and new customers taken on. Therefore, it is beneficial to have many customers in concentrated areas.
There will be a 6-month probationary period.
Application closing date: Monday, 25th July 2016
Interview date: Friday, 29th July 2016
Start date: As soon as possible after interview
Please attach a CV and include the following at the end of your application:
- why you are suitable for the position
- what qualities you think you will bring to our team
Applications should be made in writing and emailed to Bridget email@example.com with subject as ‘Driver’.
For futher information about this vacancy please follow this link: https://www.shillingfordorganics.co.uk/blog/2016/07/vacancy-delivery-driver-and-sales-promotion
Photos from Shillingford Organics Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShillingfordOrganics/