WWOOF UK is looking for a Reporting Accountant to act as independent examiner of our charity accounts, prepare abbreviated annual company accounts, and generally be a source of advice and assistance in WWOOF UK's financial matters.
This role has the following specifications:
- To act as Independent Examiner of WWOOF UK annual charity accounts (an audit is not necessary)
- Preparation of 1) unaudited abbreviated annual accounts for Companies House 2) relevant pages for annual report for Charities Commission
- Liaise about/prepare any periodic returns necessary, e.g. occasional Corporation Tax (CT) return.
- Keep WWOOF UK informed on any regulatory/legislative changes that the charity/company needs to be aware of, and what actions needs to be taken, e.g. VAT
The accountant will need to have experience and expertise in financial reporting for charities and limited companies. They will also need to be aware of, or have access to professional advice about, the regulatory needs of a charity/company like WWOOF UK which gains an income from the EU and other countries worldwide (e.g. VAT MOSS).
Non regulatory -
- Provide guidance to Finance Administrator when required
- Prepare internal annual management accounts (June)
- Liaise with Treasurer for financial report for AGM (September)
- Advise on software packages to make efficiencies in internal accounting
- Deal with financial issues ad hoc, as raised to/by directors or staff
For a full outline of what we require and more information about how WWOOF UK operates, or to express your interest in filling the vacancy, please contact our Financial Administrator by e-mailing email@example.com