Here is a recipe for preserving the wildly delicious garlic flavoured herbs you will have no doubt seen in abundance along many of our country lanes at the moment:
- 50g hazelnuts, skinned and toasted
- 50g Parmesan grated
- 100g wild garlic
- olive oil
- Thoroughly wash your wild garlic and place in a food processor, blitz until fairly well broken up.
- Next add your parmesan and process further, this will help to break down the garlic leaves.
- Finally add your hazelnuts. When the nuts are added you will want to have your olive oil to hand; turn the machine back on, and add olive oil to your desired consistency.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- You can always make this more traditionally and slowly in a pestle and mortar too.
Many thanks to:
Riverford Organic Farms for this recipe: http://www.riverford.co.uk/
East Devon Forest Garden for the photo.