Nourish Scotland are looking for a new Business Manager, 4 days per week, from January 2015.
Please download the Business Manager Application pack for full details.
The Business Manager is vital in ensuring Nourish is a smooth-running, efficient organisation, setting up and maintaining systems to facilitate this. They play a key part in ensuring that Nourish discharges its responsibilities as a Community Interest Company correctly. The Business Manager also oversees the efficient and timely implementation of Nourish Scotland’s programmes of work.
As part of a small team, this role is varied and broad and, as well as ensuring the smooth-running of the office and its systems it includes assisting with Board meetings, reporting to funders and overseeing the important office functions of accounts and payroll.
- Act as Company Secretary for Nourish CIC and organise Board and Team meetings
- Prepare and manage project budgets
- Approve project spend within delegated limits
- Set up & maintain systems for monitoring staff time & its allocation to different work areas, expenses, holidays & sickness absence
- Produce financial and written reports, for the Board and for external funders
- Manage cash flow and keep financial records, including submission of VAT returns
- Prepare annual company accounts, in collaboration with accountant
- Act as the main contact for payroll bureau, bank, accountant & HMRC
- Administer preparation of cheques or BACS for payment of supplier invoices
- Manage and keep records of petty cash activity
- Liaise with a non-Executive Director on the budget
- Set up Nourish membership & contacts database
- Work with other members of the staff team to help them deliver Nourish projects effectively
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board to prepare new projects and funding applications
- Identify and develop opportunities for income generating activity by Nourish, its staff and members
- Contribute to the development of a strategic plan for Nourish
For further details go to the Nourish Scotland website: http://www.nourishscotland.org/about/vacancies/